Thread: Sleeve Question
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 11:51am
Do not give a damn!!

Sorry you to not understand the comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow whistle View Post
so what exactly does a kid look like who "looks like they could play in the NBA?" Hello pot, kettle here..
Since it is very well known who are actually playing in the NBA and those that never seem to get in the NBA that is pretty easy. ESPN did a story on this very same issue of American born white players not making the NBA. So the implication that a "thug" in the NBA wearing these sleeves only implicates a certain type of person. Just like if I were to make the say something derogatory to the make up of the NHL, which I did not in this post. And for the record you do not see many players of color playing in the NHL so the typical player in the NHL looks nothing like the players in the NHL or even NFL. And I do not hear people call players in the NHL (which is the point) thugs even though fighting and violent behavior is encouraged and celebrated in that sport. The NBA has not had a real fight in 3 years and players were suspended for multiple games. Fights are a common occurrence in the NHL and suspensions almost never happen for fighting.

Peace