View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 30, 2010, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Just a thought... if the ball was batted in an attempt to get the ball away from the defense or to a teammate, wouldn't that be considered a controlled pass?

We had this happen in my Boys Freshmen game on Wednesday. I'm trail, my partner's lead. A is offense, B is defense. Shot goes up, misses, players trying to rebound and eventually the ball gets to the floor and someone just batted the ball to the backcourt. I couldn't see who it was, as it was outside the lane opposite to me where my partner would have had the better view. Ball goes almost to the opposite endline and the A1 regained possession. Not having any clue if there was any absolute team control I didn't blow anything and left that up to my partner to call. He blew his whistle and called backcourt. We got together and I asked him what he saw as I couldn't see anything. He said that the ball was on the ground and during the "fight for the ball" A2 pushed the ball into the back court with one hand. I told him good call, as it was with intent to get it away from the opponents and to a teammate.
Why, if you couldn't see anything and your partner makes a call would you find it necessary to get together? You say you had no clue and left it up to your partner to call. After he does, you now want to discuss with him? You're very confusing. Maybe it's hard describing situations or communicating that has everyone jumping on you. You may want to keep your questions brief and learn more by reading other situations than presenting your own. Just my .02

Last edited by fullor30; Sat Jan 30, 2010 at 03:04pm.