View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 29, 2010, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohls View Post
8th grade girls last night. Both teams in double bonus. H up 2, inbounding following made basket. V is pressing and as H1 takes the ball down the sideline in front of the table, V1 runs up behind H1 and pushes her, 2 hands in the middle of the back, driving her to the floor. I hit the whistle and signal intentional foula dn go to report. as I indicate that the girl is ejection, V coach tells me "Not a problem; she's done." He then began forceful coaching of the girl on what she had done wrong. Taht was nice to see.

We administered 2 FT with lane clear and had H! throw in at the POI.

Two questions: Should there have been more FTs? I said no since it was one act. My partner later thought 2 additional FTs (double bonus plus flagrant). I told him I was pretty sure we did it right, but I would check. (We both feel we are getting better on our mechanics and take whatever opportunity we can to reinforce that are doing things the right way.)
Secondly, what is the proper mechanic in this situation? I've called interntional before, but never a flagrant and ejection.

Thanks in advance.
POI, or spot nearest of violation???? POI shouldn't be a factor.

-General George S. Patton, Jr.