View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiRef View Post
I'm not sure, but here it goes.

I would not blow my whistle while the shot is in flight. I would either wait for the horn then blow, or wait until the shot finishes, before correcting the situation (not to mention that in this situation you most likely will never see the clock running before it sounds, because you have other responsibilities during a FT than watching the clock.)

If the shot is missed and the horn sounds before the ball is touched I would go to the PA and reset to .7. if the shot is missed and touched before the horn sounds, I would do the same except I would consider taking the clock down to .5 (or something to account for the touch) If the FT is made its easy, give it to the other team, and reset to .7

...Probably wouldn't end the game if I know for sure that it started to early, especially since it was rebounded by team A (then down by a basket)
You can't just arbitrarily decide to put 0.5 back without definite knowledge of how much time should be left - I believe they handled the play correctly since no one knew for sure when the clock was started. The question is more how to handle if you DO see it and blow your whistle during the shot or prior to a touch. I believe you have to go to AP if the shot is missed, and give the ball to team B if the shot is made - in either case putting 0.7 back on the clock..