View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 30, 2002, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Doc and others:
Just a thought....The post season tournament here in Maryland I mentioned earlier in my posts is an annual event. I have been one of the officials for the past two years and know the coach who holds the tournament. I'm sure I can convince him to allow officials in from out of town to participate in next years tournament. He really doesn't care as long as 6 officials show up to call the games. The tournament pays cash upon conclusion of the games for the total number of games you worked (normally around 20 games at $35 per game). Depending on how far you would have to travel, it probably wouldn't be worth your time but then again maybe you would just like the opportunity to travel to another state and officiate some games and take some shots at Derock the Anti-Ref! Anyone interested?

derock - You seem to get excited every time you mention how much money you make officiating . Don't you know officials who do it for the money are the worst officials. Also , you can convince a tournament director to accept officials on your word !!! The director must not CARE.