View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleringer View Post
I would add, why engage in a conversation with an assistant coach?
Thanks for the responses on the two calls I made.

As for the after game situation:

This was in a gym that didn't provide a room for us and my bag was under the scorer's table so I was stuck on the court for a few extra minutes. The coach walked up to me and stuck his hand out to shake my hand, i'm not going to just ignore him. Also, I didn't chime in on what he was saying, I just said something along the lines of "ok, coach, thanks." I don't think by any means did i disservice or disrespect my partner. I just felt uneasy that the coach was saying those things.

As far as doing V in my first year back, in Louisiana, al you have to do is officiate 10 sub varsity level games with an "approved" or "certified" official and they have to sign off on you and you're abilities. Approved and certified are the two higher level officials. That just means you're allowed. I have been evaluated by the assignor and his assistant and the rules expert in our association and now they assign me to smaller to mid size school girls and boys varsity.

I've been fortunate and have done alot of games with some very experienced and very good officials this year so i've learned a bunch every game.

Thanks