View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
My buddy had this situation last night in a BV game.

H1 is fouled by V1. H is in bonus, shooting 1-and-1. V's HC wants to sub in V6 for V1, and referee allows prior to first bonus shot.

After sub became legal player on court and before H1 takes first shot, table calls over my buddy to say that V6 is not in the book or has the wrong number on. He gave a Technical to V's bench.

H1 continues to make both 1-and-1. After H1's last made attempt, H's HC subs in H6 for H1 to shoot both Technical FTs. Can't remember if he made both or not.

This next part got me all confused. H's HC then wants to sub H1 back infor H6, who had just come in for H1. My buddy actually allowed it, saying it was a different dead ball situation after the Technical FTs. I told him he was wrong, citing 3-3-4. H1 came out during that dead ball and it remains as the same dead ball until H would get the ball at the center line and time would properly restart after a throw-in.

Then he asked me this question. What if H can't get the ball in after 5 seconds? Accordingly to 3-3-4, H1 still can't come in as clock never properly restarted.

Who's right and who's wrong, or are we both wrong to a certain point?
You're right that H1 can't come back in, but you're both wrong to think of it as "dead ball periods." As you point out in your last paragraph, the clock (properly) running is the only criterion.