View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 26, 2010, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Okay, I need to rephrase "the question." I don't really care "where" it physically was. The question is whether it was controlled by a player before the whistle blew. Even if the horn sounded before control, if control was gained prior to the whistle, you have team control for POI purposes.
Uh, right. Sorry about that, but I'm with you all the way on this one regardless. Apparently the officials ruled no control -- coach begged to differ, but he doesn't get a whistle and the stripes, so the vets did in fact get it right ... other than not waiting for the second horn, that is.

Can't believe all that happened before the second horn, even if it was a full TO.

So here's one extender to this whole thing: Since the whistle is obviously the play-stopper, when do you advise ignoring the horn and yelling / motioning to the players to try to "play on" in a given situation? Or do we just have to be resigned that if something is amiss with the horn's timing, the clock operator is going to drag all of us down with him/her?