View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 25, 2010, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

NCAA Dead Ball Contact Foul

Is the following play handled correctly? I am mostly interested in the ruling for NCAA Men but I also added NCAA Women and NFHS just to see how different they are and if they are correct? I want to make sure that my terminology and classification of fouls are correct too.

Play

1. B1 fouls A1 while shooting.
  2. A1 shoves B1 (not flagrantly).
  3. B1 says "Kiss my ***"
  4. Coach B yells "That call was horrible and you need glasses"

Ruling (NCAA Men)

1. A1 shoots 2 FT.....Personal Foul charged to B1
  2. Any player or eligible sub for Team B shoots 2 FT.....Class A Contact Dead Ball Technical charged to A1
  3. Any player or eligible sub for Team A shoots 2 FT.....Class A Technical Foul charged to B1
  4. Any player or eligible sub for Team A shoots 2 FT.....Class A Technical Foul charged to Team A's Head Coach
Resuming Play: Team B's throw-in at the division line on either side of the court.
Ruling (NCAA Women)
  1. A1 shoots 2 FT.....Personal Foul charged to B1 **After the Technical FT are shot
  2. No FT.....Direct Technical charged to A1
  3. No FT.....Direct Technical charged to B1
  4. Any player or eligible sub for Team A shoots 2 FT.....Direct Technical charged to Team A's Coach
Resuming Play: POI - A1 shooting 2 FT with everyone on the lane. * #2 and #3 is a Double Technical (which offsets)
Ruling (NFHS)
  1. A1 shoots 2 FT.....Personal Foul charged to B1
  2. No FT.....Direct Technical charged to A1
  3. No FT.....Direct Technical charged to B1
  4. Any player or eligible sub for Team A shoots 2 FT.....Direct Technical charged to Team A's Coach
Resuming Play: Team A's throw-in at the division line opposite the table * #2 and #3 is a Double Technical (which offsets)