Thread: The Spin Move
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 25, 2010, 12:03pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Agreed. My captains speech is as short as possible, and I try and make it shorter every season. Not only is it a waste of time trying to educate them on these pearls of wisdom, what's the point in only telling just the captains? Do you think they are going to go back to their teammates and huddle everyone together and say "OK guys, this is not the NBA..."?
I've had one partner with a shorter captains meeting than mine this year. Mine: "Make sure your teammates have their earrings out. Help us with sportsmanship by taking care of your teammates so we don't have to."
His: "Put the ball in the hole and lets play ball."

I've also had the guy who needs to point to every line in the captains meeting and then explain the CE rule to the coaches. He's a great partner in spite of that though, so I learned that a long winded captains/coaches meeting does not necessarily mean a long game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
They don't do that in Dallas, Dave? I know here in Portland, the captains ALWAYS bustle right back and have a little powwow in the huddle. If they don't hurry, the other players start chanting, "Tell us, too! Tell us, too!" Players just hang on the refs' every word!
ROTFLMAO!