View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 01:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
I wasn't sitting at the table when this happened. I couldn't get their attention before they tossed the ball - the gym was kind of loud for a JV game - so I went to the table. I got the girl at the table to hit the horn at the next dead ball and fixed it. I just didn't want to see them mess up this badly.

The guy on the book said, "Why did you stop the clock? He has no damn right to tell you to stop it." This guy was a jerk all night and I found out he is the assigner for the table crews in Las Vegas.
I would have done just as you did. My main reason is that I have an interest in my assigned game starting on time.

Hopefully, you had them set the clock to 4:00 minutes, not say 3:47, despite however much time had been played so far, as long as it was less than a minute. That's what the Case Book 5.7.3 states.

The guy at the scorer's table can stick it. He obviously isn't doing his job properly, if he can't get his crew to put the correct time on the clock. As you know, up here we don't have a scorer/timer association or an assignor for them. We simply get whoever the home school provides.