View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 12:21am
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
This is how I will handle this from now on. First time, I will wait until next dead ball to call the player over and warn him (unless you can consider this a violation to stop the play dead). If he continues, I will call a blocking charge the next two times. If he does it once more after that then I will T him up.

What do you guys think? I would hate for a kid to foul out when theoretically he would probably be fouling out and not fouling period (flopping without contact). So I was thinking, a "3 strikes and you're out" moment... Warn and two chances to clean it up with just a simple foul.
I would normally ignore these errant pronouncements save for the fact that you are 'representing' every official who walks on a court. I strongly suggest you follow up on your stated desire to hang up your whistle, and that you do so immediately. How can you suggest such a faulty course of action that has absolutely no basis in any rules set extant. The proper treatment for flopping is clearly delineated in the citations presented throughout this thread. You need to learn how to be more detached in the execution of you officiating responsibilities. Leave your emotional baggage in the locker room and refrain from bringing your sh!t into OUR game.