View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
A1 jumps, with both feet off the ground, to try for a goal. He then sees that B1 will certainly block his shot, so he pulls down his try. Gravity takes over and pulls A1 back to the floor, B1 lightly puts his hand on the ball, but not hard enough to prevent A1 from continuing his try. A1 returns to the floor. I call A1 for a traveling violation.

Now this play would have been a lot easier if A1, seeing that his try would be blocked, dropped the ball on purpose and then became the first player to touch it after the ball hit the floor. Traveling.

This play also would have been a lot easier to call if A1 had not pulled down his shot attempt, but rather, continued his attempt, and then B1 placed a hand on the ball preventing the shot from occurring, and A1 returned to the floor with the ball in his hands. Held ball.

The reason that A1 returned to the floor was that he chose to do so. That's why I came up with a travel. Now I'm having second thoughts. Comments ?
So, to summarize, A1 jumps and returns to the floor while holding the ball, even though he could have released it?

Sure sounds like travelling to me.