View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 04:23pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

The closest I can think of is the NBA.

(All references are from 2006-2007 NBA rules)

NBA 2-VII-b

[...] The scorer shall mark the time at which players are disqualified by reason of reciving six personal fouls, so that it may be easy to ascertain the order in which the payers are eligible to go back into the game in accordance with Rule 3 -- Section I.

NBA 3-I

a. Each team shall consist of five players. If a player in the game receives his sixth personal foul and all substitutes have already been disqualified, said player shall remain in the game and shall be charged with a personal and team foul. A technical foul shall also be assessed against his team. All subsequent fouls, including offensive fouls, shall be treated simarly. All players who have six or more personal fouls and remain in the game shall be treated similarly.

b. In the event there are only five eligible players remaining and one of these players is injured and must leave the game or is ejected, he must be replaced by the last player who was disqualified by reason of receiving six personal fouls. Each subsequent requirement to relace an injured or ejected player will be treated in this inverse order. Any such re-entry into a game by a disqualified player shall be penalized by a technical foul. [....]

###

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball