View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 11:38pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Boy's Freshmen during a 3-game Junior High night.

Blue 2 was flopping all night, and hardly any contact is made (he would flop when the shooter would be a foot or two away from him) and we wouldn't call anything, not even a block because no contact would be made until both players would be on the ground.
I'm going to pretty much end up echoing others, but you have got to put a stop to flopping for two reasons. First of all, it's a safety issue. Players are in danger when bodies are on the floor. Second of all, he's trying to influence your calls by faking being fouled. It's a clear tech if it's that obvious. If his flopping is causing the shooter to hit the floor, you really need to make the call.

Quote:
Well, it would be the 4th or 5th time he flopped, and just like the other times, the shooter would go down after the shot to make sure he doesn't step on the flopper.
This drives home my point. The shooter is trying to control himself and falls because this knucklehead is trying to fool the officials. It's happening more than once, and you're just letting it go.
Quote:
This time, however, the shooter injures his wrist when falling down.
And here is where you harvest what you sowed.

Quote:
I call the coach over and two other guys came with him, the trainer and one other person who I thought was an AC.

Coach asked "what, NO FOUL?!" and I would respond with "Coach, there was no contact".
"little contact" can still be a foul if it forces a player to the floor. In this case, "no contact" is a foul because it's unsporting actions that led to the fall that led to the wrist injury.

Quote:
After FT'er misses both T FT, my partner, who was talking to the HC of the team I just whacked, calls me over. HC tells me "I have no ACs, he was the scorekeeper and he is the father of the player that got injured".

This is what I did which I believe to be correct. Since ball was never put back into play, this is a correctable error situation.
Ugh, this is not a correctable error. You can't call a foul, shoot the free throws, and then uncall the foul by saying the free throws were unmerited. The free throws were merited because you called a foul. What if someone tried to do that with a shooting foul, would you think they were justified?