View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 09:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
I hardly know where to begin with this one....

1) You were the author of your own misfortune and you've got nobody to blame for this mess but yourself. Flopping all night and you wouldn't call anything? Whythehell not? It's against the rules, isn't it? After the FIRST flop, warn the kid. If he does it again, "T" him up. He'll cut that crap out in a hurry if you take care of bidness. You did nothing and as a direct result, a ballplayer was injured.; sorry, but there it is.

2) Flopping is a technical foul. The definition of "flopping" says NO or little contact. The coach knows more about the rule than you do.

3) Cool. You gave a technical foul to the father of an injured player. On the bright side, you're doing your part to stamp out "snickering".

4) And which one of the 5 correctable errors listed under rule 2-10-1 do you think that this one was? Sorry, but it was an official's error. And that official was you. Might as well man up and admit it instead of mistakenly trying to use a rule as an excuse. And if you think that a team's supporters can't get charged with a technical foul also, you got a lot of rule book reading to do.

5) Ineligible to go on the court? The father of an injured freshman high school player is ineligible to go on the court? Think about it.

Without getting into even more detail, I'll just say hopefully you'll learn from this.
Erroneously awarding an unmerited free throw.

And I did tell the coach I ****ed up (in lighter terms) and apologize because the guy who was the scorekeeper did AC the 7th and 8th grade games, so it was just a familiar face that I associated with being an AC.