View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 08:55pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
1) Blue 2 was flopping all night, and hardly any contact is made (he would flop when the shooter would be a foot or two away from him) and we wouldn't call anything, not even a block because no contact would be made until both players would be on the ground. Well, it would be the 4th or 5th time he flopped, and just like the other times, the shooter would go down after the shot to make sure he doesn't step on the flopper. This time, however, the shooter injures his wrist when falling down.

2) Coach asked "what, NO FOUL?!" and I would respond with "Coach, there was no contact".

3) Then this third guy snickered/laughed at my response in a cocky way so I whacked him with a T (thinking he was an AC).

4) This is what I did which I believe to be correct. Since ball was never put back into play, this is a correctable error situation. I wiped out the technical since only Bench personnel, coaches and players can get technical fouls. I told the scorekeeper of both teams (someone took over when the father left the table) to not have any indication of the two FT being taken, even though both were missed. I also wiped out the indirect to the HC.

5) I then said to the AD, who was near the table, that I want that father ejected from the gym because of his snickering at me when he was already violating two other rules, leaving the table and being an ineligible person to go onto the court.
I hardly know where to begin with this one....

1) You were the author of your own misfortune and you've got nobody to blame for this mess but yourself. Flopping all night and you wouldn't call anything? Whythehell not? It's against the rules, isn't it? After the FIRST flop, warn the kid. If he does it again, "T" him up. He'll cut that crap out in a hurry if you take care of bidness. You did nothing and as a direct result, a ballplayer was injured.; sorry, but there it is.

2) Flopping is a technical foul. The definition of "flopping" says NO or little contact. The coach knows more about the rule than you do.

3) Cool. You gave a technical foul to the father of an injured player. On the bright side, you're doing your part to stamp out "snickering".

4) And which one of the 5 correctable errors listed under rule 2-10-1 do you think that this one was? Sorry, but it was an official's error. And that official was you. Might as well man up and admit it instead of mistakenly trying to use a rule as an excuse. And if you think that a team's supporters can't get charged with a technical foul also, you got a lot of rule book reading to do.

5) Ineligible to go on the court? The father of an injured freshman high school player is ineligible to go on the court? Think about it.

Without getting into even more detail, I'll just say hopefully you'll learn from this.