View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Boy's Freshmen during a 3-game Junior High night.

Blue 2 was flopping all night, and hardly any contact is made (he would flop when the shooter would be a foot or two away from him) and we wouldn't call anything, not even a block because no contact would be made until both players would be on the ground.

Well, it would be the 4th or 5th time he flopped, and just like the other times, the shooter would go down after the shot to make sure he doesn't step on the flopper. This time, however, the shooter injures his wrist when falling down. I call the coach over and two other guys came with him, the trainer and one other person who I thought was an AC.

Coach asked "what, NO FOUL?!" and I would respond with "Coach, there was no contact". Then this third guy snickered/laughed at my response in a cocky way so I whacked him with a T (thinking he was an AC). Go to the table, report the T, then administered two free throws. Then it gets weird.

After FT'er misses both T FT, my partner, who was talking to the HC of the team I just whacked, calls me over. HC tells me "I have no ACs, he was the scorekeeper and he is the father of the player that got injured".

This is what I did which I believe to be correct. Since ball was never put back into play, this is a correctable error situation. I wiped out the technical since only Bench personnel, coaches and players can get technical fouls. I told the scorekeeper of both teams (someone took over when the father left the table) to not have any indication of the two FT being taken, even though both were missed. I also wiped out the indirect to the HC. I then said to the AD, who was near the table, that I want that father ejected from the gym because of his snickering at me when he was already violating two other rules, leaving the table and being an ineligible person to go onto the court. Then we continued the game with the POI since ball was in play when I stopped it due to the injury.

Let's the comments begin, please...
Concerning what I've underlined, I have a question concerning rules. Since the father was the scorekeeper, was he the official scorekeeper or the visitors' scorekeeper?

If he was the visitors' scorekeeper, couldn't the T be assesed being that he could be considered bench personnel due to coming on the court without permission & his repsonse to the answer to the coach?

From my understanding, bench personnel include: non-active players, managers, & staticians.