View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 29, 2002, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

The decisions that a REFEREE makes are final. In all matters pertaining to the game.

I have had a couple of instances that I did something like this. Here is the description.... I had a player who was continually running his mouth after every single play. He was teetering on the edge. At the fisrt opportunity I had, I spoke with his coach. I told the coach that the player was about to be ejected if something wasn't done about it. I went on to suggest he rectify the situation, so I wouldn't have to. It worked. He was removed from the game without a flag being thrown.

Now, with that said. I don't think this situation is like that at all. If I see a player walking back to his huddle with his back turned, and then a player of the opposing team does what THIS guy did, he's GONE. This was not a guy running his mouth. This was a cheap shot, whether it was closed fist or open hand. He needs to understand that this type of conduct is UNacceptable.

The referee can indeed do alot of things to rectify a situation. The rulebook makes that clear. But, there are times when a player just needs to be ejected.

Doc