View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 09:38am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui View Post
I hate being fashion police. To that extent - another official gave me good advice. If you look in a kennel for crap - there's a good chance you'll see some. Don't look for crap. But if a dog does it on your shoe - you have to deal with it.
I don't consider it good advice. It's better advice to take care of the prewrap with 15 minutes on the clock than wait until the other coach complains right before the game starts.

Last year, I annoyed a visiting coach who wore green prewrap to complement their gold uniforms. I walked right over and told him to take care of it right at the start of warmups. The home team eventually loaned him a roll of beige. The coach asked me why we were so picky about it and I told him the state told us not to allow it and I wasn't in the practice of allowing illegal uniforms, etc.

He actually got over it and apologized at the end of the game for trying to put us in a bad spot and said he needed to order the right color right away. Don't know if he did, but all varsity teams have worn the right prewrap this season for me so far.