View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 09:17am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I ran into this situation twice last year. I didn't allow the first team to wear the pre-wrap because it looked gray/silver. Needless to say this ticked-off that coach. When I saw the very same thing a couple of days later with another team, I went over and asked the coach what was going on. He pulled out the package of the pre-wrap from his bag that he bought and showed it to me. The package said "black" and the unused portion of the roll definitely looked black, so I allowed it. What else can the team do? As Rich says they did what they should have to meet the requirements of the rule.

I guess that I owe the coach of the first team an explanation and an apology when I have them again.
I had to have the same conversation and look at a roll of black prewrap last year. But I did it the first time I saw it.

I've been to 3 girls games this year where the JV players on the home team wore the wrong color prewrap (for example red -- the school color is red but of course they were wearing white uniforms). The V teams all came out wearing black, so no problems for us.