View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 05:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
GJV game tonight. First time in awhile that I've had a girl's game. The home team is in white and four of their players have black headbands, then there are two with what looks to me like gray headbands. I approach one of them with the gray and ask her what color her headband is (my sisters taught me early on that they knew their colors better than I ). She replies black. As I come to find out it was black pre-wrap that when stretched looked very gray. I've seen the "gray" pre-wrap before but this looked much more gray. I do a pretty good job of sticking to the rules with the headbands, but tonight I was a bit weak I guess and let them play. Now I'm looking for opinions on what I should've done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Nothing. Black prewrap stretched tight looks gray. They met the rule.
I ran into this situation twice last year. I didn't allow the first team to wear the pre-wrap because it looked gray/silver. Needless to say this ticked-off that coach. When I saw the very same thing a couple of days later with another team, I went over and asked the coach what was going on. He pulled out the package of the pre-wrap from his bag that he bought and showed it to me. The package said "black" and the unused portion of the roll definitely looked black, so I allowed it. What else can the team do? As Rich says they did what they should have to meet the requirements of the rule.

I guess that I owe the coach of the first team an explanation and an apology when I have them again.