View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

New Blood

Clark,
First off, don't feel like you're hogging up the forum with your posted plays, they are totally relevant to reffing and great conversation pieces. I'm hungry for new posts on the forum and look forward to new blood. People who don't want to read or participate can choose to not click that particular post. (These beat the holy crap out of some posts about telling the reff a player has a shoe untied or similar WGAFF questions) This is a worthy post. The angle is tough for me, however, if a knee was put out and I do believe it was then a blocking foul should have been called. From the way you called the foul there is no doubt in my mind that you saw something and I thought you sold it well. All your body movements showed confidence: whistle, fist, indicate foul, done! Kind of biff, bam, boom. I do this almost the same. A question that I have is how many officials would show a blocking foul 2 or 3 times instead of just once? I am a hyper kind of guy and worry that I indicate the foul type to quickly and then head for the table. Thoughts? (Glad you didn't indicate the block with the tickle my waste signal!)