View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 20, 2010, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
....rules say that we can determine a player is unconscious. Now we may not be totally accurate, but all that is required for them to play is a verification of their health and fortunately or unfortunately we are given that responsibility here. And for the record this is a NF policy in other rules like Football and Baseball (I would assume that this is also the case in other NF rulebooks for different sports) that I work that uses the same language and puts officials/umpires in the same responsibility for making this determination.
Peace
The NFHS Soccer rule is very similar. I had an interesting situation in a Sectional Final. Players collided in the air "knocking" heads. This occurred right in front of my spectator side Assistant Referee. The AR told me the visiting player stated "I was out for a second." I informed the coach, and requested a sub. At half time an adult came to me with the player. He said he was an MD, he gave me a paper that had 5 or so little stick figures drawn on it indicating each "test" he had preformed on the player. At the bottom was his address, the date and his Signature. I allowed the player to play in the second half. Filed a report with the State after the game and I still have the signed note. The MD was a fan of the Home team but still provided his "services" free to the visiting player.