View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 20, 2010, 07:36pm
Official Forum Member

Defend the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ump153 View Post
Excellent post and excellent explanation of the difference in mindset. However, you will find that there are a number of amatuers here that refuse to acknowledge the differences you point out between the progame and what they call. And some who will relunctantly accept the difference , will then blather on about how it shouldn't be different. (kind of like saying "yeah the sky is blue, but it really should be purple.")

Only in officiating have I run into so many amateurs who truly believe they are superior to the professionals of the trade.
Pro Guys, when one of your own screws the pooch, you just have to say it is wrong. Like it or not, keep quiet if you can't handle it. Two members of that crew didn't handle a situation very well. You saw nothing wrong in the video, really?

Why was the star catcher ejected? The party line states he was arguing balls and strikes. Not what I saw on video. That catcher was facing the pitcher six feet in front of the plate. Learn how to properly eject a guy. At least let the offender know he will not be ejected while his back is turned away from the umpire.

The only hate comments I see in this thread are directed toward the quality of the game down south. Bull hockey. The 2nd ump did a good job of separating his partner from the conflict. But it wasn't his boat to paddle either. So he caught the short end of the stick. He'll get over it and won't make the same mistakes the next time.

Neither ump handled the argument very well. JMOHO!

Last edited by SAump; Wed Jan 20, 2010 at 08:24pm.