View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 28, 2002, 02:39pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
__________________________________________________ ____
Originally posted by rainmaker
He said he wanted to play without her, because he was saving her quarters for the varsity part ofthe tournament later today. I told him he was required to play her, since she was eligible and available. There was a good deal of discussion, but I finally insisted that she play or the coach could forfeit. He finally put her in, and she finished the game.
__________________________________________________ _________
Originally posted by rainmaker
Furthermore, he tried to claim that she was injured and therefore, not "available." I said that in that case, she would be injured for the varsity game as well
__________________________________________________ __________
Am I reading you right, JR? Is this what you would do?

That's exactly what I'd do,Dude! First the coach tells you he isn't going to play a player because of "playing too many quarters".Then,when the referee shoots that one down(by rule),the coach now tries to claim that the same player is sick,instead. I call that-"trying to blow smoke up my a$$".

My motto is "Don't try to make up your own rules when you referee,or your a$$ is grass!". I can see not forcing a sick player to play.That's just common sense.I can't see trying to use this one though,UNLESS it was communicated to, and approved by, the R before the game.