View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 20, 2010, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Who is running the pool on how long this will go on and how much are the squares, I might buy a few.

Everyone should take something from this, I for one prayed that I never am on the field with an idiot like that when the cameras are rolling, b/c Youtube is bad and I would just as soon stay off of it.

As far as how DJ handled it, I have not disected the video, I saw it while running on the treadmill at the gym on ESPN. I support DJ b/c he is a friend, we went to umpire school together and got jobs together and now I work with him in the PCL a few times a year. He knows what he is doing and how to umpire.

I don't think he was over agressive, but if he was and he made a mistake then so what it happens. Let it go guys.
For the record, I support the guy as an umpire, and I assume he's a very good one, and a good person as you state.

I criticized his performance in an isolated incident, which was subject to our review because it was on video, as you mention. I had only his posturing and movements to go by, as everyone else who was confined to the video.

But you know, Durham, your defense of him is the most reasonable, coherent and acceptable of anyone's.