Thread: Tough Game
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 17, 2010, 12:14pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Today, Three Hours, Right Down The Street, $90.00, Sweet ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garn05 View Post
I had a girls JV game this morning, my 4th "official game" of the season, not counting middle school and rec games.
Middle school games do count. I've been a high school varsity official for almost twenty-five years and I still do Catholic middle school games, including "junior varsity" Catholic middle school games, which includes kids down to fifth grade. I do them for several reasons, it gives me some action on weekends, and on weekday nights when I'm free, I enjoy the camaraderie among the officials, coaches, players, and fans, the $30.00 games fees for a one hour game (6:00 periods), and most importantly, I see weird things happen in these games that you don't normally see in a high school game, so if, and when, they do occur in my high school game, I'm ready for that situation. It's not everybody's cup of tea, but it works for me.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)