View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

Yes, but the pressure on the 2 person mechanic is that while hustling as the new lead, you have sideline responsibility unlike 3 person. I find that the challenge for two person is that you need to focus more on this issue. So I don't have to turn my head like Linda Blair while running down the court in 3 person.

A few years ago, BJV (two person) I was running down the sideline looking over my shoulder when the next thing my partner saw was a big cloud of popcorn. I ejected the fan for being on the floor since I was in bounds and there was a long runner out of bounds to guide the spectators where they should walk. I was pissed. I did get some satisfaction as the moron had to limp out of the gym.

All V here is 3 person. All JV is 2 person. There is talk that the big power private schools are going to 3 person for BJV. They need to. Most of their JV teams are bigger and more athletic than some teams V. But the school conferences determine what is used not our association. Here, the association has no authority over assignments or fees. Thats all controlled by the schools. Thats why we are underpaid compared to other states.

--- Famous Cleveland area official to HC

"I Love Officiating so much, I do it for free. However, I charge for all the crap I take."

--- Me