View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 06:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
You are a shameless Barry Bonds apologist and you will scale any height of ignorance on this issue to simply make a case in his defense. Bonds's actions in every phase of his life make Mark McGwire look like a Boy Scout.

A: All controlled substances--and not just those previously listed--were against MLB rules starting in 1991.

B: Unprescribed anabolic steroids have been a controlled substance since then as well.

SEE: All major league players, who used or possessed unprescribed anabolic steroids after 1991 were breaking MLB rules and federal law.
I honestly do not care Kevin. These records do not mean anything to me. Who won the games is all that matters and basing someone one who did something 100 years ago as if no one could pass them is also silly. Barry Bonds did not win any more games, neither did McGuire. Michael Jordan was not judged as truly a good player until he won something. He was one of the greatest scorers and he was not judged to be the best until he won multiple titles.

Bonds did not even win a World Series. McGuire came up small in the post season often even when they won in the late 80s with Oakland. He did not get back to another won after he left Oakland. If McGuire is a Hall of Famer, he is only that way because of his bat. And with smaller stadiums and places were the ball launches out of them without much effort. Hell there is now drug testing and look at what happen to the new Yankee Stadium. There were just about as many home runs as there ever was in the old stadium. No one pitches inside anymore and the game is played for power as opposed for pitching and defense. And you want me to be apologetic for Bonds?

I could give a crap about some record and the fact that some clown actually thinks that players that boozed it up every night and went to games on a train are better at hitting a ball than someone that has technology and training (no matter how they did it) is the reason baseball is going to continue to lack behind the other sports. I do not care what Hank Aaron did 50 years ago anymore. I certainly could give a damn what Babe Ruth did, he did not even play against the best players of his era on a regular basis. But we are outraged over some drugs when we have more teams, more sorry players and compare that against an era that did not let some of the best players even participate because of their skin color. Sorry, this is not about Bonds, McGuire or anyone of this era. No wonder the NFL and NBA pass the MLB by.

Peace