View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 04:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHtown View Post
In 2 person, the recommended position for T is about 6 feet above the arc. In 3 person, the recommended position for T is about 6 feet above the arc. (At least what I was taught)

Why do people think you run less in 3 person?

Also, $1400 a year in a school budget is peanuts.
Depending on what you do in 3 Person, you do not have to sprint everywhere. Just being in the center position you do not move that much. I think you can get away with not running that much in a high school floor setting.

That being said, depending on the school I would think that $1400 is a little high. For one in many cases schools cannot play that many games at home. Maybe 10-12 games at the most. If you are paying $60 per official (one game of course) and they play 12 games at home (not including tournaments or other events that make schools money) that is only $720 extra dollars per season for another official. So the amount is minor if you value a better called game and what many schools claim is about "safety." I know a few schools in my area that did not play a single home game until January. And I doubt they will get to 10 games by season's end at home.

Peace