View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

I want to hit on what I see as the major issue here: Am I missing a major mechanics point? If ball goes oob table side in BC during fast break w/ me on the opposite side of the floor, how on earth is that my line? Is it really? I'm not being smart aleck, I seriously have never read that, heard that, or been taught that. If I am missing something please let me know!

It also brings up my biggest reason for never, ever doing two man again. I am in good enough shape to beat the kids down the floor in two man, but I ABSOLUTELY HATE having to run on the fast break and look back over my shoulder instead of looking where I am running. All our schools here V is 3 man. Except one cheapo school. I go there for a two man game and have this same fast break situation. I am table side ball coming up my line fast and under pressure keeping me right on the sideline instead of on the court. Next thing I know, I am looking at the ceiling. My knee collided with the forehead of a very stout two year old girl and I landed in an awkward pile on the floor. Game management in this place did nothing to keep fans from walking down that sideline in front of the benches. Somehow, we both wound up okay. It could have been a career ender for me. No more two man. O, and the ball went oob on my line. I think it went off of home, but not sure since I am now looking at the ceiling. I give it to V. Home coach goes nuts. I tell him keep your fans out of the way or don't talk to me about who's ball it is.