View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 02:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
1. Are you really unaware of the distinction between anabolic and corticosteroids? Anabolic steroids are Class III controlled substances regulated by the DEA. Corticosteroids are either prescription or OTC drugs regulated by the FDA.
Here is the thing, we do not know what McGuire used or did not use. We do not know the doses or the frequency. It is not about what the terms mean right now, because no one has said what he used or did not use and how he used. All he said is he used "Steroids." And for the record there was an NFL player that violated league substance abuse rules and won in court because he was taking a substance for asthma. You can name all the substances and the differences, league outlaw a lot of things that are legal by the FDA to take and not all substances can be taken legally without a doctor's supervision and within some guidelines. The interview I saw, McGuire did not shed light on anything specific he used or said how he got it. He only admitted to using. I guess I would need more detail and you will never get me to think a player that drank and smoked were better off than players that take care of themselves in order to workout year round as opposed to a bunch of drunks (insert Mickey Mantle here) that did nothing but booze and party every night and they had games the next afternoon. If a player is seen in a bar or club and have a game the next day, that makes front page news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
2. Are you really unaware that prescription medications taken without a prescription are illegal?
No I am not. Much that I referenced the issue in my previous thread as well. And we have no idea that he was not given a prescription or not given a prescription. But then again, you must know something the media has not reported yet.

Peace