View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Evidently you don't completely understand. And yes, you are young and still pretty new at this. So, listen to what we're saying.

You have no business making that call.

Let's change sports for a sec.

You're working the plate and a runner from first is tagged on a second base safe. The field umpire signals safe are you going to go out and call the runner out so the crew can enforce the rules of the game?

You're working referee behind the QB, when he throws a long pass into the secondary. You see the receiver is bumped but the back judge doesn't throw a flag for pass interference. Are you as the referee going to throw a flag so the crew can enforce the rules of the game?

The difference is the trail can make a 3 second call in the lane in two man. You should never make a call in the BC from the lead on the endline.
I was nowhere near the end line. Not sure if I said that in the OP. My partner yesterday called maybe three fouls all game, and was otherwise extremely lazy all game. I thought there needed to be a foul called there, so I called it. Next time, I'll take everyone's advice into account, and learn from it. We're always trying to improve aren't we?