Thread: What to Do?
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
Might be better if she talks to her coach at practice. If this official is at another game, the coach, when asked if there are any questions, which there almost never are, can ask about how this situation will be handled. There are two responses, one would be from the official himself who states incorrectly how that situation will be handled, and one from the other official who hopefully knows the rule. If the incorrect answer is stood by, then play by how it will be called and the coach can get to the assignors via the AD as to how the OOB throw-in is being mis-applied and can give the specific game nights.

What not to do is to hand the official the case-play during the pre-game conference.
I don't believe I would bring it up in the captain's meeting. I think you're only asking for trouble because you know the way this official is going to answer, he is then going to get, most likely, defensive for the remainder of he game because you've set him up for embarrassment.

Around here all the officials go over and shake the hands of each coach prior to the game. I would ask him then if you want. "Gentleman can I ask you a rules question? On a throw-in..." Otherwise I would ask the AD to contact the assignor for clarification on the ruling.

Of course all of this is assuming you can get the coach to further investigate. Just my two cents

-Josh