View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 03:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUmp View Post
BITS cited the uniform rule on shorts. The OP had nothing to do with logos. And as noted, the officials in the OP decided to be the uniform police and were dead solid wrong.

Sub varsity/JV etc.-check local listings. Where I am, do to budget issues, the fact that V players will also play some sub V/JV etc., we are directed to not be the uniform police at this level. Jersey torsos same color, no duplicate #'s (we use tape to make corrections).....we're good to go.
In my posting however, I mentioned that the Varsity player was wearing the Home White, while the JV Home was wearing their home jersey, but it was of another color. So in that case the jersey torsos were not of the same color.

Budget does have something to do with how many players suit up, but school size also is a consideration.

Concerning the shorts issue, I was just mentioning that in the case book about the logos cause of not being within the specifications for the sizing. But then on the logo sizes, how many officials carry tape measures with them & check every player's uniform before they play?