View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 02, 2010, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnSandlin View Post
Well then lets all do this, let us all try to convince the SEC or Big East to let any three of us work this game next year, and if the same situation happens, see if any of us as a crew has the guts to do what in some people's minds should have been done.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. However, I am going to side with this officiating crew before anything else.

Oh "icallfouls", I would be shocked if this crew faced penalties for the way the handled that situation. If they had not been calling fouls early, and this happened, then I might agree with you. But, this crew came out putting air in the whistle early and often, thus I do not think they will face penalties.
This isn't a matter of whether or not they were calling fouls early. They were. This occurred literally 45 seconds into the game. Prior to this, there had been 2 defensive fouls called for pushing through some screens too hard, and an offensive foul on a drive to the basket.

I think the issue here is that these guys didn't have the balls to make the big call which was so obvious, EVEN AFTER GOING TO THE MONITOR!!!