Thread: for Derock
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 21, 2002, 10:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Derock1986
I'll simply say this, youth games pay less but you can work more. I worked 20 games this past weekend at $30 per game. Each game lasted a little over an hour. I am in an association with over 100 officials. Only 6 of us were invited. Why was I invited over the others? maybe the luck of the draw--maybe someone likes my style of officiating. Who knows. But I don't feel it necessary to provide you with any further details.
Sure seems like you implied you are one of "his" best, whomever "his" is.

The only thing a ref has that should be unwavering is his honesty/integrity. A guy can be lacking in rules knowledge (as you clearly are). A guy can be lacking in physical prowress (which you must not be since you were able to do 20 games in one weekend). A guy can be lacking in decision-making skills (the jury is still out on you). But a guy cannot be dishonest.

Don't confuse legitimate criticism for "hatred." I know I don't hate you and I doubt anyone else here does. And as for your own association, if they don't know you by now there is very little they are going to learn about you here.

[Edited by TXMike on Dec 21st, 2002 at 09:37 AM]