View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 28, 2009, 09:28pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I was referring to a casebook play, annual interpretation, or Point of Emphasis, that specifically states that bench personnel can be called for a disconcertion violation. I believe that such a citation exists, but I just can't seem to put my finger on it. All I've got is a rule citation:

NFHS 9-1-3 After the ball is placed at the disposal of a free thrower:
c. No opponent shall disconcert the free thrower.
Sigh....

I gave you the relevant POE but you can't comprehend it.

Opponents are ALL members of the other team.

The POE on disconcertion that I cited above from 2001-02 said that a player OR a team can also be given a technical foul for disconcertion.

Read rule 4-34. A "player" is one of the 5 team members who are legally on the court at any given time. Ergo, according to that POE you can call a player for disconcertion, and you can also give the player a T" if the disconcertion is persistent or unsporting. Also according to 4-34, bench personnel are all individuals who are a part of or affiliated with the team(subs, coaches, managers, etc.). Ergo, also according to that POE you can call bench personnel for disconcertion and you can also give the team(bench personnel) a "T" if the disconcertion from the bench is persistent or unsporting. The POE deliberately cited BOTH the player AND the team, NOT just a player.

You have to connect the dots. That's exactly what the POE that I cited is telling you. There ain't anything else anywhere else and you don't need it anyway. That POE is definitive enough. And if you don't believe me, may I suggest that you take it to Jackie Loube or somebody and ask them. There's nothing more that I can do to explain it to you.