View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 02:44pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Re: tonight's pre-game

Quote:
Originally posted by ronny mulkey
Rut,

You have identified the problem - a primarily high school established ref, an established Womens' college ref and another not so established Womens' college ref. The pre-game on block/charge should be????

Assume, the assignor is on this high school game but he does not want to dictate the how but rather discuss the how. Help him with this discussion.

You have to make that decision yourself. You will know much better what your partner's views are than I do. The simple answer is to revert back to your primary. But the reality is there is more to officiating and double whistles than one single philosophy. If I am not mistaken, you have also not told us whether you are doing a 2 Person or a 3 Person game. Because the differences go up greatly between the two mechanics. Because if you are doing a 3 Person game, if the play starts in the C's area, the C has it all the way to the basket. I guess in order to answer your question more accurately, you have to ask a much more specific question. But then again, there are many ideals one what is right and wrong here.

Peace