View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 25, 2009, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
The officials in Illinois have been sent a bulletin on illegal uniforms. The coach must be penalized and a special report is to be sent to the IHSA. I believe it is in response to situations involving rule 3 -4 art. 4b. There appears to be several schools in my area that have uniforms that do not comply to this rule.

The way I read the rule: If any part of the number is above an imaginary line drawn under the first letter and the last letter of an arched name the uniform is illegal. The same holds true to an arched name under the number. If any part of the number is below a line drawn at the top of the arched letters the uniform is illegal.

Some officials are penalizing and some are not. Any comments? Are there uniforms in other states that do not comply to this rule?
If it's illegal, penalize and write the report, especially given the new directive.

Perhaps your association could write the schools and the IHSA in regard to the uniform (and not in regard to any spoecific game) and seek clarification.