View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 01:03pm
Esteemed Participant

First, if it is a drive from my primary, then I am taking it to the hoop - all the way to the hoop...where the contact occurs is a secondary consideration in this case...that is part of my pre-game...secondly, the pass situation you described would probably be the L's call, as you (at Trail) should stay with the passer an extra split second to make sure he/she doesn't get fouled...lastly, pre-game what to do on double whistles. There is nothing wrong with having double whistles on any of the plays you described...the main thing to pre-game about is holding back on signalling anything right away...it's important to communicate with each other before you signal block or pc foul...make sure you are both calling the same thing, and if not, then make sure you have pre-gamed the concept of taking it all the way to the hoop so you can tell your partner "I've got this one" or "Take it, partner"...you do not want the infamous "blarge" call because both of you come out signalling different things...