View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 21, 2009, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpirebob71 View Post
You're probably right. I can't remember when I had music on anywhere other than in my car.
It must be a Bob thing. I've never owned one, or even held one. I'm sure it would take me about two seconds to figure out how to upload music on one, but again, like Bob, I don't remember the last time I was listening to music anywhere other than in my car. Even in my car, I'm just as likely to have on sports radio or talk radio rather than music. Yes, I know it's possible to connect an iPod to a car stereo, but I already have satellite radio, and that suits me just fine. At work, my personal experience has been that engineering companies frown upon employees listening to music, especially if it entails using earphones. They want people to be able to hear their phone ringing, or pages, or to just be readily available when important people come to inform us of some dire, urgent googleygoop.

FWIW, if I did own one, I probably would load it up with the Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Ramones, B***hole Surfers, Circle Jerks, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, Sex Pistols, Gun Club, X, Joy Division, Damned, Iggy Pop, etc. Maybe throw on some Texas music like Joe "King" Carrasco, the Judys, the Dishes, and Rank and File.

It wouldn't bother me if SRW did have Britney on his iPod. Heck, I have a Loverboy album somewhere in my basement .