View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 18, 2009, 02:24pm
MABO Member

Thanks eg & Ref_in_A. I know the answer and I know how to enforce it just trying to wrap my head around teh why's of it all. Like you say sometimes questioning the reasoning is the wrong way to go. I was hung up on the fact the penalty for the dq foul carried the possesion as well. The way the question was worded was bad in mine and plenty of others opinon. Along with quite a few other questions that tested our ability to read rather than our knowledge of the rules.

This helps a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg-italy View Post
On the other hand, a double foul is when two players commit a foul against each other at approximately the same time. It doesn't matter the kind of foul: the play is resumed at the POI (to use Fed's language). For example, while B1 pushes A1 (player in control of the ball), A1 strikes B1 in the face with an elbow: double foul, but A1's foul is probably disqualifying (flagrant, in Fed's language). Play is resumed with a throw-in for team A.

It would be very different if A1 strikes B1 after the pushing foul. The two fouls are not at the same time any more and so a different rule comes into play: penalties do not cancel and they are administered in order of occurrence. If team B is in team penalty situation (after the fourth foul in a period), the substitute of A1 would shoot two FT and B1 would shoot two FT followed by possession for team B at the division line.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.