View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 17, 2009, 11:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
When I ask about agreement on the score, I am asking about the official timer and official scorer. The scorer is usually on one side of the timer and the other book is usually on the other side. I am not a wedding planner. I am not making tent signs showing who is to sit where. As long as there is an 'X', an official timer with a working clock, an official scorer with both lineups and team rosters in the official book, I'm happy. This is a mountain out of a mole hill situation as I see it.
Unfortunately not all floors have the "X".

I started this topic as I was curious as to from a floor official's POV, how should the table be setup. It's common place for the Official scorer & timer to be side-by-side.

I am just trying to come up with the most optimized setup, so that both books will do their duties as they should. I'm getting a bit tired of having to police the books during the JV & C-sqaud games for inaccurate reporting due to inattentiveness.

I realize this is actually up to the coaches & game management, however in the lower level games the regulations are a bit laxed as to the scorer's duties & reponsibilities.