View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 17, 2009, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
First of all, that is not the signal for a flagrant foul, it's the signal for an intentional foul which would work regardless. Secondly, this is such an uncommon situation that I wouldn't take the official's preliminary signals as any indicator either what was actually ruled or what should have been ruled. This scenario is bound to momentarily screw up anyone's mechanics.

Yes, taking away the coach T, this foul is an easy intentional (due to excessive contact), which is why I said it should be ruled as such even if the coach is the coach of team B (the defender). If he's Coach B, the ball is live until the shot goes in or misses; that's why the foul is personal rather than technical. If he's Coach A (offense), the ball is dead immediately, making the player foul a technical.
I just looked in the book. There is no signal labeled as flagrant foul. But at our chapter we were told that the flagrant foul signal is the same as the intentional foul signal. Since there's no official signal for flagrant foul, what would you do signal-wise?