View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 16, 2009, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall_Junkie View Post
Seriously??? The author of the article has no clue about officiating. The OP and almost everyone else on here has a clue. What the OP is saying is that he is giving Gaston the benefit of the doubt as we as officials know that we take the issuance of such a penalty seriously (especially in game sitch as described) and don't just hand them out. Officials spend way to much time, money and effort in getting the big games that they aren't going to pi$$ that away giving a soft tech in a game deciding moment. I happen to know two of the three members on this crew personally, Gaston being one of the two and I know he conducted himself professionally, and within the spirit of the game. I can promise you that if the coach would have listened to the crew/ Gaston and let his complaint go when he was told that that was enough he would not have "earned" his T. Instead he opted to keep on with it and got burned.

Agreed, officials at this level know how to manage a game and I'm confident without knowing any particulars, Altman deserved it.