View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 16, 2009, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford82 View Post
Little debate on a call last night on a pickup game.

I was dribbling the ball and saw a guy open and went to pass it one handed. I don't know how but i dribbled the ball a little hard right before I tryed to one hand pass it and completely missed the ball and the ball bounced up to around shoulder level or a little higher.. My hand went under the ball not touching it and then came back down and i regained my dribble off the bounce and no steps were taken. Some kid called me for carrying.

My defense was i didn't even have control of the ball or touch it between the time it bounced off the floor and it hit hit the floor again.

Now I did a little research here and I found a website that has missunderstood rules.

http://www.dallasref.com/Resources/B...ball_rules.pdf

8) Palming or carrying is when a player gains an advantage when the ball comes to rest in the player's hand,
and the player either travels with the ball, or dribbles a second time. There is no restriction as to how high a
player may bounce the ball, provided the ball does not come to rest in a player’s hand. Steps taken during a
dribble are not traveling, including several that are sometimes taken when a high dribble takes place. It is not
possible for a player to travel during a dribble.

So if im reading this right that was not a carry correct?
If you did exactly what you said you did, you are correct that it is not a carry. But I would have had to be there to see it myself