View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 14, 2009, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
This is a very personal thing. I had a coach on Saturday that complained about a double whistle that I had, where the ball came my area and I made the call in the lane. The coach was out of the box and I reported the foul. Immediately after the foul call, I went up to him and said; "If you are going to say anything to me about a call, it better be in this box" as I walked him back to the box. He later then said to me, "The other coach is out of the box, why don't you say anything to him?" I said back to him, "He is coaching and has not said a word to me.....when he stops coaching, I will address him too." I did not hear another word from this coach about anything. And this was so early in the game, I honestly thought hard about popping him. Now if he had not adhered to me comments, he would have got a T early. I was honestly tired of him already, but felt I could handle it another way. This comes with time and experience to know what to do and what to say and what is too far for you. I could have stuck him and next time he might not get much of a pass, but considering everything, I handled it the way I felt I needed to. I did this by having enough of his crap. I just did not need to do anything.

Peace
If a coach is out of his box, even if he is just coaching, we still need to make sure he stays in his box. I am not saying you need to warn or whack them just kindly remind them to stay within the lines.