View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 11, 2009, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
I was asking for thoughts &/or opinions as I was figuring some on here might have coached before becoming officials.

Basically I was asking, if you were in the coach's shoes, how would you have handled the incident?

If you've had previous playing experience where something like this happened, what would you, from a player's POV, have wanted the coach to do?

The incident happened Tuesday night, I've giving the coach the benefit of the doubt that medical attention will be sought (although I am thinking it should of happened immediately afterwards). When I go in on Saturday to work crowd control for the Wrestling Invite & Scoreboad/Timer/Shot Clock/Crowd Control for the Boys' Basketball Games, I'll be asking the AD if the procedures are being followed as how I understand things & get his input as well.
I'm not convinced that was your motive when you originally posted - I think you changed your perspective once you got a bunch of answers you didn't want to hear. If you wanted a coach's perspective, why didn't you just post the question in a coach's forum?

I am again wondering what answer would satisfy you?